If would like to have a copy of any of the papers below as published in the journal, please contact me with your request.
For a beginner’s introduction and download links for each work, please click on the “Abstract and Download” links.
Works with Critical Contributions (published and upcoming)
- E. Simsek, J. Mandal, A. Raman, L. Pilon.* Dropwise condensation reduces selectivity of sky-facing radiative cooling surfaces. Int. Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 198, 123399
- J. Mandal,* X. Huang, A. Raman*. Accurately Quantifying Clear-Sky Radiative Cooling Potentials: A Temperature correction to the Transmittance-based approximation. Atmosphere, 12(9), 1195 (2021).
- J. Mandal,* J. Brewer, S. Mandal, A. Raman*. Nanostructured Plasmonic Metal Surfaces as Optical Components for Infrared Imaging and Sensing. Posted on arXiv (2021-06-27).
- J. Mandal,* S. Mandal, J. Brewer, A. Ramachandran, A. Raman*. Radiative Cooling and Thermoregulation in the Earth’s Glow. Posted on arXiv (2020-06-21).
- J. Mandal,* N. Yu, Y. Yang, A. Raman*. Paints as a scalable and effective radiative cooling technology for buildings. Joule, 4, 1-7 (2020).
- J. Mandal,† Y. Chen,† C. Tsai, S. Shrestha, N. Yu, Y. Yang. Colored and Paintable Bilayer Coatings with High Solar-infrared Reflectance for Efficient Cooling. Science Advances, 6 (17), eaaz5413 (2020).
- J. Mandal, M. Jia, A. Overvig, Y. Fu, E. Che, N. Yu, Y. Yang. Porous Polymers with Switchable Optical Transmittance for Optical and Thermal Regulation. Joule 3, 1-12 (2019).
- J. Mandal, Y. Fu, A. Overvig, M. Jia, N. Shi, K. Sun, H. Zhou, X. Xiang, N. Yu, Y. Yang. Hierarchically Porous Polymer Coatings for Highly Efficient Passive Daytime Radiative Cooling. Science 362, 315–319 (2018).
- J. Mandal, S. Du, M. Dontigny, K. Zaghib, N. Yu, Y. Yang. Li4Ti5O12: A Visible-to-Infrared Broadband and Fast Electrochromic Material for Thermal and Optical Management. Advanced Functional Materials 28 (36), 201802180 (2018).
- J. Mandal, D. Wang, A. Overvig, N. Shi, D. Paley, A. Zangiabadi, Q. Cheng, K. Barmak, N. Yu, Y. Yang. Scalable, Low-temperature ‘Dip-and-dry’ Technique to Fabricate Plasmonic Selective Absorber for High-efficiency Solar-thermal Energy Conversion. Advanced Materials 29 (41), 201702156 (2017). Featured on Inside Cover.
- J. Mandal. Spectrally Selective Designs for Optical and Thermal Management (Columbia University, 2019). DOI: 10.7916/d8-0642-m193.
Papers with significant contributions
- J. Xu, J. Mandal, A. Raman.* Broadband Directional Control of Thermal Emission. Science. 372, 393-397.
- M. Chen, J. Mandal, Q. Ye, A. Li, B. Xie, Q. Cheng, Y. He, Y. Yang*. A Scalable Dealloying Technique To Create Thermally Stable Plasmonic Nickel Selective Solar Absorbers. ACS Applied Energy Materials 2, 9, 6551-6557 (2019).
- N. Shi, C. Tsai, M. Carter, J. Mandal, A. Overvig, M. Sfeir, M. Lu, C. Craig, G. Bernard, Y. Yang, N. Yu. Nanostructured fibers as a versatile photonic platform: radiative cooling and waveguiding through transverse Anderson localization. Light: Science and Applications 7, 36 (2018).
- Zhai, P. Xu, M. Ning, Q. Cheng, J. Mandal, Y. Yang. A Flexible Solid Composite Electrolyte with Vertically Aligned and Connected Ion-Conducting Nanoparticles for Lithium Batteries. Nano Letters 17, 3182−3187 (2017).
- Shcherbatyuk, P. Talbot, J. Mandal, A. J. Krejci, J. H. Dickerson, and S. Ghosh. Increased photo-stability of quantum dots in segregated bilayer films. Journal of Applied Physics 114, 084305 (2013).