Thank you for visiting my site. I am a postdoctoral researcher in the Aaswath Raman Group at the University of California (Los Angeles), where I am developing spectrally selective surfaces (i.e. surfaces that behave differently for different wavelengths of light) for controlling light and heat. In particular, I focus on novel but inexpensive technologies to address critical needs in developing countries.
My scientific interests are in:
- Optical design.
- Random metamaterials, plasmonics.
- Passive cooling, heating and lighting.
- Paints and coatings.
- Sustainable buildings and architecture.
- Climate action and geoengineering.
- Water harvesting and purification.
- Meteorology and earth sciences.
Abstracts of my published works and preprints can be found on this page.